Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just Wondering



My best devotions aren’t usely the ones right before bedtime.   

They are those aha moments. Lately I have been reading so much about the rights of gays and so I got so emotional, the tear kind of emotional,  this afternoon when I saw two geese flying overhead.  
source
I know you don’t bet, but in case you would consider it, I WONDER what sex  you would bet those geese were.   I saw two red birds flitting along the edge of “our” forest among walnut and catalpa trees.  One was a muted red and one was a brilliant red.  I WONDER what sex might they have been.   


In the elm tree on the West a large beautiful bird was “yelling” at another bird of similar color and markings.  I WONDER if He was protecting his women or saving her for himself.  WONDER what sex he was chasing off.   I have heard of many male birds who help “sit the nest” while Mom is away.  Have you ever heard of a female bird offering her services to another mama bird?   
Doesn’t even nature teach the laws of God?  Aren’t His laws sensible?  Isn’t there an excitement to the laws of God that show He knows us, He loves us, he protects us, He made us.   

source
I say “When all else fails, read the instructions of the Maker.”  

But, if you don’t read His instructions I WONDER if you have ever looked and considered what nature might teach us. O, the WONDERS of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...